This recipe was inspired by a friend who always seems to be finding recipes that add unique flavor to otherwise typical meals. You can follow her on twitter here.
Anyways, this is now one of my favorites. Here’s what you need:
- Whole wheat pizza dough (I get mine at Trader Joe’s by the bag)
- 2 Pears
- Pack of provolone cheese
- 8 oz container of gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- Pizza stone (I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Balsamic (optional for dipping pizza in afterwards)
Ok, now here’s what to do!
- Put pizza stone in oven at 450º
- Let dough sit on floured surface while oven heats.
- Chop up two pears. Eat a few pieces.
- Pull pizza stone out of oven and get ready to move quick.
- Stretch the pizza dough over the stone until it somewhat resembles a circle.
- Layer provolone cheese on top.
- Layer pears on top of that.
- Gorgonzola on top of that.
- Chopped walnuts on that!
- Whew. Put back in oven. I usually keep it in around 15 minutes, because I like it crispy.
- SLICE, & EAT! Dip in the Balsamic if you think that might be your thing. I would recommend it.