Posted by Sara on 11.27.11
I always like to let Thanksgiving have some space to be its own holiday, but now’s the time that everyone wants to know what everyone else wants for the holidays.
I thought I’d share some things that I’m wanting, A. because I think they’re cool, and B. because I have them all on Give or Get. If you need a place to save products from all over the web, and also find inspiration on what to get other people, you should check it out. It’s currently in private beta, but sign up for an invite or check out their list of the best gifts under $25.
Posted by Sara on 11.25.11
You probably already know, I love jewelry. That’s why I started Gold & Citrus. In just a couple of hours, I’ll be co-hosting a jewelry party on the Poshmark app, and all of my jewelry listings will be 30% off in honor of Black Friday! I won’t be the only one selling jewelry, so if you have some pieces that aren’t getting the love they deserve, come join in!
Here’s how to attend:
1. Download the Poshmark iphone app here (it’s free!): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/poshmark/id470412147?mt=8
2. Gather up all your jewelry that you love but for whatever reason are not getting enough ‘wear time’ from you.
3. Open the app at 12pm PST this Friday and you will automatically join the party!
Posted by Sara on 11.21.11
I’ve now been getting Birchbox for a full year, and I’ve learned a lot about beauty products and tried a lot of things that I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. Here’s what came in this month’s box:
1. Atelier Cologne – This is described as warm notes of oak wood, vanilla, and amber. It really does smell good, but I tend to like more fresh/ clean scents. This is a very sweet smelling perfume.
2. Borghese Fango Active Mud – This was my favorite thing this month. I put the green mask on one morning before work and scared Rich pretty good. It felt so smooth and refreshing, and I felt like my skin was moisturized afterwards. (My skin is usually really dry)
3. LaRocca Skincare – Champagne & Shimmer Supreme Creme – I’m still not quite sure when to use this – it adds a shimmery look to your skin. I think I’ll try it for some upcoming holiday parties.
4. Zoya – Nail Polish in Izzy – This bright pink polish is from their Holiday Collection. The polish itself is really great quality. It goes on smooth and dries fairly quickly.
Extra – This month’s extra was a couple of letter pressed coasted from Two Paper Dolls – I’m sure they’ll come in handy.
I also will have some great photos to post up soon from a Blogger Photoshoot that I went to today. It was a blast!
Posted by Sara on 11.13.11
Posted by Sara on 11.11.11
This week has been a crazy week (hence the lack of posts). But I do have an excuse, and here it is. I’ve been prepping for this amazing sample sale:
If you’re in the area you should stop by! It’s one of the few times a year that I sell my jewelry at a discount.
Posted by Sara on 11.06.11
One thing we have been wanting forever is a bookshelf where we can store all of our books plus small knick knacks that we find. We ordered this shelf from Room & Board two months ago, and it finally came in! Here’s what it looks like so far:
I’m sure that it will continuously evolve as time goes on. I love seeing our combination of design, fashion, animation, and jewelry books all displayed. I feel like you can learn a lot about someone from what they have on their bookshelf.
Posted by Sara on 11.01.11
Shirt: J.Crew (borrowed from Rich) similar here, Pants: BCBG, Bag: Crossroads, Boots: Topshop
A relaxed outfit for a night out grilling with friends.